Calendar Sharing is useful if you want other people, for example a relative or colleague, to be able to access your calendar.
There are two types of sharing in general:
- Read-only (including Free / Busy only) person you’re sharing your calendar with is not able to make adjustments
- Full access person you’re sharing your calendar with is able to make adjustments
With Google both access types are possible, for Full access just pretend it's your own calendar.
Below you’ll find the procedure to setup a read-only calendar.
- Go to www.google.com/calendar and login
- Click the "Down" arrow that appears to the right of the Calendar Name to open a menu of options.
- Select 'Calendar Settings' on the menu to open the Calendar Details screen for the calendar.
(The 'Share this Calendar' is only suitable for online usage)
- In the Calendar Address Section you can Change Sharing Settings according to your preferences.
Make Changes AND Manage Sharing
Make Changes To Events
See All Event Details
See Only Free / Busy (Hide Details)
- Scroll down to the 'Private Address' section and click the green 'iCal' button
- Copy the URL link of the Private Address box which just popped up and mail it to the person you want to share your calendar with
- On an iOS device you can either click on the URL (and press Subscribe & Done) or
Go to Settings > Calendar (or Mail, Contacts, Calendars in iOS9 and below)
In the Accounts section press Add Account > Other > Add Subscribed Calendar and paste URL from previous step