- Go to Device Settings
- Select Calendar (or Mail, Contacts, Calendars in iOS9 and below)
- Scroll down to Default Alert Times
- Set Alerts to None
If these are already set to "None", it's a setting of your Google Calendar: all newly created events will get a default alarm of 10 minutes. You can change this at the Google Calendar website under Settings.
- Go to http://www.google.com/calendar
- Log in with your username and password
- When logged in, click on Settings
- Next, click on Settings for Calendar
- A new screen will open, click on Calendars
- For each calendar, click on Alerts
- Remove the default alert by clicking on Remove
- Click on the Save button
If the above didn't solve your problem, check the following alert settings:
- Week Calendar > settings > New events & templates > New event defaults > Default alert
It should be like this....